COURSE NAME: Outlook 2007 - Level 1 and Level 2 (4060)
This course will provide you with the skills you need to start sending and responding to email in Microsoft Outlook 2007, as well as maintaining your Calendar, scheduling meetings, and working with tasks and notes. In this course, you will compose and send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information and tasks, and use notes. You will customize your Outlook environment, calendar, mails, folders, and also track, share, assign, and quickly locate various Outlook items.
- Windows XP Professional - Level 1 (4060) or equivalent knowledge
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the components of the Outlook environment. You will also perform simple tasks such as sending and responding to email messages.
- compose messages.
- use folders to organize messages.
- manage contacts and contact information.
- schedule appointments.
- schedule meetings.
- create and edit tasks.
- create and edit notes.
- customize the calendar by setting various calendar options.
- set message options.
- track work activities using the Journal.
- assign and track tasks.
- share folder information.
- customize the Outlook environment.
- sort, find, and color-code items in your mailbox and calendar.
- work with public folders.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook
- Explore the Outlook Interface
- Send a Simple Message
- Reading Messages
- Reply to and Forward a Message
- Print a Message
- Delete a Message
Lesson 2: Composing Messages
- Address a Message
- Format a Message
- Check Spelling and Grammar
- Attach a File
Lesson 3: Organizing Messages
- Open and Save an Attachment
- Flag a Message
- Organize Content with Folders
Lesson 4: Managing Contacts
- Add a Contact
- Sort and Find Contacts
- Find the Geographical Location of a Contact
- Manage Contacts
Lesson 5: Scheduling Appointments
- Explore the Outlook Calendar
- Schedule an Appointment
- Assign Categories and Edit Appointments
Lesson 6: Scheduling Meetings
- Schedule a Meeting
- Reply to a Meeting Request
- Propose a New Meeting Time
- Manage Meetings
- Print the Calendar
Lesson 7: Managing Tasks and Notes
- Create a Task
- Edit and Update a Task
- Create a Note
- Edit a Note
- Display a Note on the Desktop
Lesson 8: Setting Calendar Options
- Set Work Days and Times
- Display an Additional Time Zone
- Set Availability Options
Lesson 9: Customizing Message Options
- Modify Message Settings
- Modify Delivery Options
- Change the Message Format
- Notify Others That You will be Out of the Office
- Create a Distribution List
- Insert a Hyperlink
Lesson 10: Tracking Work Activities Using the Journal
- Automatically Record a Journal Entry
- Manually Record a Journal Entry
- Modify a Journal Entry
Lesson 11: Managing Tasks
- Assign a Task
- Reply to a Task Request
- Send a Task Update
- Track Assigned Tasks
Lesson 12: Sharing Folder Information
- Specify Folder Permissions
- Delegate Access to Folders
- Access Another User's Folder
- Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
Lesson 13: Customizing the Outlook Environment
- Customize the Toolbar
- Create a New Toolbar
- Customize the Menu Bar
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the To-Do Bar
- Create a Folder Home Page
Lesson 14: Locating Outlook Items
- Topic 7A: Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
- Find Messages
- Find Outlook Items Using Multiple Criteria
- Filter Messages
- Organize Messages
- Manage Junk Email
Lesson 15: Working with Public Folders
- Topic 8A: Create a Public Folder
- Add Users to a Public Folder
- Post Information in a Public Folder
- Send an Email Message to a Public Folder
Are you looking for E-Learning Course Outlines?