COURSE NAME: Windows XP Professional - Level 1 (4060)
This course provides a broad foundation for students so that they will have a greater awareness and confidence using personal computers. Students will gain practical information and skills, such as what a computer is, how to manage personal files and folders that they create, and how to use many of the programs that come with Windows XP.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use fundamental personal computing terminology.
- Use fundamental Windows XP skills.
- Use Windows Explorer to manage files and folders.
- Use common Windows XP program techniques by working with several programs at the same time.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Personal Computers
- Uses of Personal Computers
- Types of Personal Computers
- Common Computer Components
- How Personal Computers Work
- Start the PC
Lesson 2: Using a Personal Computer
- Log On to a PC
- Explore the Desktop with the Mouse
- Manipulate Open Windows
- Use Help And Support
- Adjust the Mouse
Lesson 3: Managing Folders and Files
- Folder and File Organization
- Access the Windows Explorer
- Use the Search Companion
- Work with Folders
- Work with Files
- Create Shortcuts
- Use the Recycle Bin
Lesson 4: Using Programs at the Same Time
- Create a Document in WordPad
- Use the Address Book
- Format Text
- Use the Calculator
- Customize a Logo in Paint
- Turn Off the Computer
Are you looking for E-Learning Course Outlines?