COURSE NAME: Windows XP Professional - Level 2 (4060)
This course provides a broad foundation for students so that they will have a greater awareness and confidence using personal computers. Students will share files and resources with co-workers over a network. They will explore how Windows XP takes advantage of the Internet. Lastly, students will learn how to customize and maintain their computers to create the most efficient workspace possible. In general, this course may enable students to participate in conversations, make appropriate requests, and troubleshoot problems related to personal computers.
- Windows XP Professional - Level 1 (4060) or equivalent knowledge
- Customize the Windows XP environment.
- Share files, folders, and resources over a network.
- Access the Internet using Windows XP programs.
- Use Windows XP tools to maintain the computer.
Unit 1: Customizing Windows XP
- Apply a Theme
- Customize the Desktop
- Select a Screen Saver
- Modify Appearance and Effects
- Control the Start Menu
- Customize the Taskbar
Unit 2: Making Connections
- An Overview of Networks
- Add a Printer
- Share Files
- Work Remotely
Unit 3: Using Windows XP and the Internet
- An Overview of the Internet
- Search the Internet
- Keep Windows XP Up-to-date
- Communicate with Windows Messenger
- Use Remote Assistance
Unit 4: Maintaining the Computer
- Diagnose System Problems
- Clean Up the Hard Disk
- Defragment the Hard Disk
- Back Up and Restore Personal Files
- Restore System Files
Are you looking for E-Learning Course Outlines?